There may be times when you don’t agree with decisions the agency makes about your foster care license, your foster child’s case plan or the decision to remove a child from your home. There are processes in place for you to voice your concerns.

Complaint Procedure

If you have general concerns regarding agency decisions with respect to the child you are fostering we encourage you to voice your concerns. Most of the time, concerns can be resolved by talking to your child’s case worker or your foster home worker. If that is not the case, contact the following:

1. The worker’s supervisor
2. The Director of Services
3. The Executive Director of Animikii Ozoson
4. The Southern First Nations Network of Care
5. The Office of the Children’s Advocate

You can find out more information about the rights of foster parents at this link:

Appeal of Removal of Child

The Child and Family Services Act outlines the procedure and timelines for the appeal of the removal of a child from a foster home.

You can find this appeal process on the Child and Family Services website at the following address: